Orphanet is the reference website addressed to all the audiences that includes information related to rare diseases and orphan drugs. Orphanet aims to improve the diagnosis, care, treatment and information for patients with rare diseases.
Orphanet offers a collection of open access services:
- A list of rare diseases and a classification of them based on rankings published by experts.
- An encyclopedia of rare diseases in English and French, progressively translated to other languages of the website.
- A list of orphan drugs at all stages of development.
- A directory of specialized resources providing information on: expertise centers, clinical laboratories, research projects ongoing clinical trials, registries, networks, technological platforms... in the field of rare diseases detailing the countries where they are.
- A diagnostic support tool, which allows users to search a disease through the associated signs and symptoms.
- An encyclopedia of recommendations and guidelines for instance, for emergency care.
- A bimonthly newsletter, OrphaNews, which provides an overview of the scientific and political developments in the field of rare diseases and orphan drugs, in English and French.
- A collection of monographic reports. A periodic report including relevant topics that can be downloaded directly from the website.